Community forums

DroTek Sirius F9P not recognized by Pixhawk 2.1

Hi,

I tried connecting the UART1 and UART2 connection to the secondary port of the Pixhwak 2.1 Black Cube, but I’m not seeing any messages that it was detected. The DroTek F9P OEM is recognized as a secondary GPS. Are the UART connections (RX,TX lines) compatible with the Pixhawk 2.1 secondary GPS connection? I manually configured the u-blox messages required since it wasn’t being configured or auto-configured: NAV-POS-LLH, NAV-STATUS, NAV-SOL, NAV-VELNED, but that didn’t help detection either. I’m using ArduCopter 3.6.11.

Is there anything I should have to do to get the Pixhawk 2.1 to recognize the Sirius RTK? Do the RX and TX lines need to be reversed for the Pixhawk 2.1?

I did connect with u-center and the GPS was acquiring fixes BTW.

Thanks,

Rob

i had the exact same problem, and i fixed by plugging Sirius into Telem2 rather than GPS2 port. Remember to set params accordingly, i.e. : Serial2 protocol must be 5 (GPS), Serial2 baud rate to 57.
good luck!

Thanks, I’ll give that a try. It looks like the RX/TX ports are the same, but the GPS port has I2C pins and the Serial Port doesn’t:

I may end up making a special cable to split out just the power, tx, rx and ground for the GPS connection and the power, scl, sca and ground to the I2C if I want to use the internal compass.

Here are the Sirius pinouts for completeness:
https://drotek.gitbook.io/rtk-f9p-positioning-solutions/rtk-f9p-drotek-modules/sirius-rtk-gnss-rover-f9p/hardware/pinouts