Community forums

M8N-HMC59893 Conflit LED - GPS

Bonjour à tous,
En réalisant un check up complet + upgrade de certains éléments sur un de mes quadri, je me retrouve (encore) coincé par un M8N/HMC5893.

Lorsque je branche le GPS, la led ne fonctionne plus. Si je branche le GPS une fois que la carte est alimentée et que la led est fonctionnelle, alors elle “freeze”.

Avez vous une idée?
Merci,
Julien

Edit!
Finalement, j’ai réussi à faire fonctionner la led et le GPS en basculant le pont de soudure sur 5V… Je n’ai pas encore testé le GPS ni la boussole, mais ça fonctionne… Par contre je ne saurai pas l’expliquer.

1 Like

Bonjour,

Quels sont les branchements et la configuration réalisés sur la carte M8N ?
Quelle LED ne fonctionne plus ?
A partir de quel moment avez-vous eu ces problèmes ? Suite à un évènement particulier ?

(Merci de répondre en anglais si possible)

For english speakers :
OP : “I performed a whole check on one of my drone and I am still stucked with a malfunctionning M8N/HMC5893. Once the GPS is plugged-in the LED doesnt turn on. If I connect the GPS to an external power supply, the LED turns on, and then freezes once I plug it in. Do you have any idea ?”

Answer : “What’s is the wiring schematic & configuration you are using ? Which LED doesnt turn on ? Did you notice if issues showed up following any particular event ?”

Hello Paul,
The LED that freeze on plugging the compass is the external “general” led.
I just realise that my compass does not work, as I don’t have any feedback on missionplanner about it, since the first time I set it up, 3 years ago.
At this time i had a lot of conflict between internal and external compass. I disabled what I thought to be the internal, but now I can see that I fly since months without the external compass…

As said, the led is working again after I switched the bridge from 3.3 to 5V.

Should the compass be powered with a separate line? For now, only the SDA and SCL pins are connected.
I bridged the ground of GPS and compass too, as adviced on the forum.
Thanks for help,
Julien