MTK3339 Firmware with binary protocol

Bonjour,

during the last days, a new firmware for the MTK3329 was released with higher precision that supports the binary protocol.
The binary file is labeled as “AXN1.51_2778_3329_384.1151100”

It would be great to have these features (binary protocol, higher precision) for the MTK 3339-based Drotek GPS (drotek.fr/shop/en/70-pa6c-gps-llc.html), too.

Can you tell us if and when that will be available?
Thanks a lot in advance!
Andreas

With the MT3339 you can choose the binary protocol. But what do you mean by higher precision?

Bonjour,

thanks for your reply!

I tried to switch on binary with “$PGCMD,16,0,0,0,0,0*6A”, but it didn’t change anything. I have the 38400 / 5Hz firmware. Maybe it doesn’t support binary mode?
Is the command wrong?

"Higher precision"
The ArduPilot / DIYDrones community received a new firmware for the 3329 that is said to be higher precision than before.
I don’t know what causes the higher precision, but it would be great the have the same protocol and precision for the 3339, too!

code.google.com/p/ardupilot-mega … n&can=2&q=
diydrones.com/forum/topics/myste … 4#comments

Best regards
Andreas

You have the 38400 / 5Hz firmware?! Where did you find the firmware? So I can’t help because it’s not the mine.
Maybe it’s not possible to switch in binary mode.

Currently, I have the 38400 / 5Hz firmware that I got somewhere from the APM-Wiki. But that doesn’t matter, I didn’t want to get my current firmware to binary mode - I hoped to get a firmware that outputs the same binary protocol with the same precision like the one I pointed to.
I hoped the people at MediaTek (or wherever they are) know what to do and will provide a release with exactly the same specs for the 3339 to make it compatible with the latest APM-Software. Since the MultiWii-Project is working on the same issues and has the same need for the 3339 firmware, it would be great to have it available.

[quote=“drotek”]You have the 38400 / 5Hz firmware?! Where did you find the firmware? So I can’t help because it’s not the mine.
Maybe it’s not possible to switch in binary mode.[/quote]

Can you please post your firmware for the module? I’d like to try if that makes a difference.

Hi,

I have also MTK 3339 and I would upload AXN1.51_2776_3329_384.1151100.5_v19.bin firmware to enable binary protocol for i2c-gps-nav.

Anyone have successful uploaded this firmware ?

Thanks.

Since that firmware ist for 3329, it won’t work:

AXN1.51_2776_3329_384.1151100.5_v19

Hi,

googling about MTK3339 firmware I have found this intresting thread :

groups.google.com/forum/?hl=it& … XQ74d5x1sJ

Seems the MTK 3339 firmware arsovtech.com/?page_id=2 is GTop customization for UAV project.

This firmware seems to be better for the MT3339.