Community forums

One Base many Rovers

Hello,
before i ask my question i will explain what i want to do:

I want to use a PC + Tiny RTK module + a radio module as a base setup and multiple Tiny RTK modules + radio modules as rover. The base should send the correction data in broadcast mode and every rover sends the corrected position back. At the base station it will be visualized on the PC.

My questions:

• Can you use your Tiny RTK in a one-to-many case like MODBUS (master-slave like) or only one-to-one?

• Do you need to transform the message stream to another format (MODBUS) to achieve that with your product?

TL;DR:
Can you send data from one base to many rovers and the corrected position data back with your module or is that impossible?

Cheers

Hello, I have suggestions that are very suitable for the multi-Rover use at the same time for the purpose of collecting wireless NMEA. You can use ESPrtk for your purpose when using it with F9P or M8P from Drotek.

Run MQTT:

ESPrtk, when fully configured, can provide multiple connections at the same time.
ESPrtk is a Base can send RTCM / RAW to MQTT Server (Broker). (and Stream out NMEA data collection from the Rover to controler center.)
ESPrtk is a Rover that receives RTCM data from the Broker. ( can also export NMEA data to another device via Bluetooth at the same time ,or send back NMEA-$GGA to MQTT server at the sametime)

Run NTRIP:

ESPrtk is a Base can send RTCM / RAW to NTRIP Server (Caster).
ESPrtk is a Rover that receives RTCM data from the Caster. ( can also export NMEA data to another device via Bluetooth at the same time or send back NMEA-$GGA to NTRIP server at the same time)

Offline using WiFi signal:

When the internet connection is unavailable (the NTRIP / MQTT online service is not available), ESPrtk can use its WiFi signal to transmit GNSS data.
This is similar to the full MQTT functionality but is offline. The connections deployed in both protocols are TCP and UDP with the distance constrained to the WiFi transmit power.
ESPrtk will operate stably with a 150 to 200 meter baseline when using external antennas.