Problem connecting DP0107 (NEO-M8N GNSS module)

Hi guys

I’m using DP0107 (NEO-M8N GNSS module) with Pixhawk cube Airbot mini carrier board and I found the only port I can use to connect the GPS is GPS2 port since it’s the only port for GPS match the connector (6pin).
I couldn’t achieve any GPS lock at all and I believe I must make special setup in Qgroundcontrol to enable the GPS and few other setups but I really don’t know what exactly I need to do!
I’m getting blinking green LED light only.
Kindly advise what should I do.

Thank you

Hi there,

I believe the GPS serial ports are well suited to connect to the NEO-M8N GNSS modules. To ensure that we don’t have an issue with the satellite signals, can you please try with u-center?

Best Regards,

Hi Anthony

Can you explain what is the U center?
And what is the proper setup needed in Qgroundcontrol if needed to make that work?

Thanks

Hi there,

u-center is a software invented by ublox for GNSS evaluation and you can download it from here: https://www.u-blox.com/en/product/u-center

Please check out our online documentation/tutorials for an experience of the world of GNSS modules and applications.
https://drotek.gitbook.io/gnss/
https://drotek.gitbook.io/rtk-f9p-positioning-solutions/how-to-get-started/zed-f9p-rtk-configuration

Also please check out the set up on QGroundcontrol in this link:
https://drotek.gitbook.io/rtk-f9p-positioning-solutions/the-rtk-base/auto-conf-qgcontrol-mp

All the topics are covered above. If you have any further questions, feel free to post.

Best Regards,

Hi Anthony

The GPS must be connected to the GPS2 port So my question would connecting your gps to GPS2 power instead of GPS1 needs any edits in parameters of QGC?

I have tested the GPS using U center and it works with COM6 9600 very well but still when connected to vehicle no locks or any GPS at all!
Kindly advise

Thanks

Hi Yaz,

All our modules are compatible with Pixhawk modules. It would work in any GPS (6 pins) port.
I have added the pinouts of the Pixhawk (found online) and DP0107 for your reference.

DP0107

As you can see the pinouts of Pixhawk GPS2 and DP0107 Uart are compatible.
If you wish to connect to GPS1, you have to connect the corresponding pins accordingly as seen on the Pixhawk pinouts. Let’s use GPS2 to avoid complications.

The QGC setup is the same as you find on the link I added above.
Can you please send a picture/video of your setup and possibly the error you see on your QGC screen if any?

Best Regards,

Hi Anthony
Thanks for your reply.
The current setup is using GPS2 and no problem on that connection but in QGC parameters GPS section what should the setup be for both GPS1 & GPS2 because GPS2 is disabled by default and GPS1 is set to GPS1.

When I followed the U-center test the GPS had lock using COM6 & 9600.
I see the problem from parameters setting and I am attaching a picture of my current setting please notice the GPS1 is set to GPS1 because it’s not clear in picture.
Thanks

Hi there,

I’m not sure why the GPS2 is disabled by default. I think it is best to ignore GPS1 and use only GPS2. I don’t think you need to set anything for GPS1.

It is unusual for the set up not to work. Let me get back to you.

Best Regards,

Hi there,

Is the ‘RTK GPS’ marked as shown below:

Since you can revert the settings back to default, did you try to modify the GPS1 to ‘disabled’ and GPS2 to ‘GPS2’.

QGC normally detects the F9P devices by itself at startup. In addtition, make sure the F9P is reverted back to default configuration, using u-center, prior connecting them to QGC.

Also, please try with and without the Flight Controller.

Best Regards,

Hi Anthony

I’ll check this, but what is F9P? And how to reset the GPS to default which icon responsible for that?

Thanks

Hi there,

I’m sorry I wanted to say M8N.

Best Regards,

I mean what icon in u-center

Hi there,

I believe you asked how to revert back to default configuration on ucenter.

ucenter_default_config

Best Regards,