Standalone test - Tiny RTK

Hi

I am planning to do a standalone test with the Tiny RTK i.e connected to individual computers with one as base and the other as rover

In the case

1. ROVER setup, Do I need to check both UART 1 and USB for NAV-POS-LLH, NAV-STATUS, NAV-SOL, NAV-VELNED ? any other parameters to be set ?

2. I dont think any parameters need to be set for the BASE

What info will show in View -> Messages View

Hi,

1. This depends on what format you want to read the positioning messages. You can even use standard NMEA and do not configure any message if you want to do a simple test. If you are only using USB then you can only configure messages for USB.

2. You still need to configure the base so it sends differential corrections (survey-in, RTCM messages), as shown in the tutorial. If you don’t, your base will not send relevant data to your rover.

From the stand alone rtk documentation

1. For the rover, NMEA and NAV have been disabled but could we enable them to ?

Yes, you can enable the exact message you want to log and disable all others.

Hi

I did a standalone test and upon setting the survey params, the base kept fluctuating betweeen 3D + DR and the rover switched to FIX mode from FLOAT. Success

1. Whats 3D+DR and is it common to fluctuate ?
  2. Is there any other way to conclude that the base is communicating with the rover ?

I guess it fluctuates because it is configured not to send only RTCM messages but also default NMEA messages. If you want to make sure your base outputs differential data correctly, open View -> Message View in U-Center and go to RTCM3, if you click on 1077 or 1087 message you should see them updating every second, provided that the messages are configured on the port you are listening to.

Again, if you want to make sure that differential makes its way to rover, you can check in View -> Messages View ->UBX -> RXM -> RTCM (RTCM Input Status) when connected to your rover.

Hi

Thanks for providing supportive details.

1. Like you mentioned some of the NMEA params were checked in for the BASE RTK and I believe that was causing the fluctuation in the BASE GPS mode.

2. Would it be a good idea to check the NMEA messages: GGA, GLL, GSA, RMC, VTG, GST, ZDA and GNS on the base and not on rover

3. From the doc, the NAV messages: NAV-POS-LLH, NAV-STATUS, NAV-SOL and NAV-VELNED have been asked to check. What is their significance ?

4. Just to clarify, we could see the RTCM Input Status in the base or rover side ?